Feed your Fruit Trees, Citrus, Shrubs and other trees easily for up to 6 months!Osmocote® Plus Trace Elements: Fruit, Citrus
Designed especially for Fruit & Citrus Trees, as well as other trees and shrubs 700g Tub Fruit & Citrus Fertilizer
A no-nonsense, controlled release plant fertiliser that will save you time. The smart way to feed - apply and forget - one application will feed constantly for up to six months depending on soil temperature.
All prices include shipping and GST.
Scotts Osmocote® Plus Fruit, Citrus, Trees & Shrub fertiliser (700 gram tub)
- Temperature controlled nutrient release
- Formulated with a wetting agent
- Boosted Magnesium
- Low phosphorus ok for natives
- Feeds plants for 6 months
- Apply Twice a year
The releasing of nutrients from the Osmocote prill will occur during the warmer temperatures – right when the plant is feeding and plant growth is faster. When the temperatures are cooler and the plant growth is slower, nutrients will not be released at the faster rate. What this means is LESS WASTE through leaching of nutrients out into our waterways. Osmocote uses ‘advanced prill technology’ that gives a more even and controlled nutrient release.
The wetting agent added to the Scotts Osmocote PlusFruit Citrus fertiliser 700g improves the absorption of water into the soil or potting mix. The resulting conditions will help the plant take up nutrients better.
Scotts Osmocote Plus Fruit Citrus fertiliser 700g Tub is boosted with magnesium as well as other trace elements. This promotes healthy growth and will keep the leaves greener for longer, especially good on citrus.
It is used commonly for Evergreen and deciduous ornamental trees and shrubs, shrubs, climbers, vines and potted grasses. Scotts Osmocote Plus Fruit Citrus fertiliser 700g is safe to use on new plants because the release of nutrients is controlled and should not burn soft leaves or young roots. It is also suitable for use on Fruit trees including citrus, stone fruits, apples and pears, grape vines and berries. You can use it on potted foliage and fruiting plants including dwarf, espalier and columnar fruit trees.
Less than 2% phosphorus (the ‘P’ in NPK) means it can be safely used on most Australian native fruit trees such as Davidson’s Plum, Finger Limes and Quandongs.
*Not to be used in hydroponic growing systems, ponds or pots submerged in water. Do not use on lawns – use only specifically named fertilisers on grassed areas.
How it works
The release of nutrients from the fertiliser does not depend on the moisture content of the mix, instead it is controlled by the temperature of the mix. The warmer the soil, the more active the plant’s growth will be – and the more nutrients are released from the prill.
Either spread the Scotts Osmocote Plus Fruit Citrus fertiliser 700g tub over garden beds using 50-80g/m2, or use the following rates as a guide for how much to apply.
Planting out – mix Osmocote into the new soil / potting media. Fill around the roots with the new mix and water well.
Trees & shrubs at the rate of 3 tablespoons (45 grams) for a 150mm pot or bag, and 2 tablespoons (30 grams) for every 30cm of plant height.
Citrus Trees at the rate of 3 tablespoons (45 grams) for a 200mm pot or bag, and 10 tablespoons (150 grams) for mature trees.
Fruit Trees at the rate of 5 tablespoons (75 grams) for a 300mm pot or bag, 6 tablespoons (90 grams) for 1-2 year old trees and 10 tablespoons (150 grams) for trees 3 years and older.
- Lemons and other citrus have wide, shallow root systems so they need regular watering, feeding and mulching – keep the root zone clear of other plants & weeds
- Established plants – sprinkle Osmocote in a band around the dripline on the soil (beneath outer perimeter of the leaf canopy) once a year and cover with mulch. This is where the feeding roots will be, not close in to the trunk
- Pots – sprinkle at recommended rate over potting mix and cover lightly with mulch
- Self-watering pots – make 10cm deep holes in the potting mix with a pencil or long skewer a few centimetres in from the rim of the pot and fill with columns of Osmocote. Water from the top once or twice to start the feeding process. The number of holes will depend on the size of the pot – as a guide, three equally spaced holes would be enough for a 20cm diameter pot.
When to use
To achieve best results, add Scotts Osmocote Plus Fruit Citrus fertiliser 700g to the mix at planting time in early Spring, when soils are warming and plants are putting on new growth. The follow-up application should be in early Autumn. Good results are still achievable at other times although the success will vary. Use Scotts Osmocote Plus Fruit Citrus fertiliser 700g throughout the garden to promote healthy growth, beautiful flowers and generous fruiting.
- NPK 16.6 : 2 : 6.6
- Contains boosted iron, magnesium and trace elements for deep greening of leaves
- Recommended as safe to use on edibles
- Osmocote® is a controlled release fertiliser that consists of prills (small beads) of high quality fertiliser encased in a permeable and biodegradable soy extract coating
- Each prill contains a balanced micro dose of nutrients so a plant’s response from an application is reliable and consistent
To view the official Scotts Australia website video ‘Set & Forget garden feeding’, click the picture below.
Planting with Osmocote Scotts video
CAUTION: This product may stain some surfaces once wet. If contact with hard surfaces does occur, be sure to sweep it off immediately before wetting.